- See article and photos for the Quilts Of Valor Award Program on the American Legion Auxiliary page.
- Sales begin March 14 for the American Legion commemorative coins (see News page).
- Post 136 members with birthdays in May are listed on the News page.
- Quadrant Oratorical Contest results posted on the News page.
- National Oratorical Contest results are posted on the National American website. Go to https://legion.org and click on Programs on top bar menu. Click on Oratorical Contest on the side bar for information on the winning contestants in 2019.
Did you know that May is National Military Appreciation Month (NMAM)? In 1999, Congress selected the month of May due to its high concentration of military-related celebrations: Loyalty Day (May 1st), Victory in Europe Day (May 8th), Military Spouse Appreciation Day (the Friday before Mother’s Day), Armed Forces Day (the third Saturday in May), and Memorial Day (the last Monday in May). NMAM’s aim is to “reflect upon the sacrifices made by members of the United States Armed Forces and to show appreciation for such service.”
Post 136 Annual Election of Officer's Meeting is Tuesday, May 21st at 6:30 pm. All members will receive a Notoice of Election that will be mailed 14 days prior to the election. Nominations from the floor can be entered on the ballot the night of the election. Please participate!
The American Legion Department of South Carolina 2019/2020 Rifle Raffle tickets are available now. Call (843) 437-4732.
Visit https://fnamerica.com for information on firearms from
FN American, LLC.